In a nutshell, and I've written about this at length before, 15 years of crushed hopes and dreams and heartache leading up to that day, was just about enough to put this woman into a loony bin. Infertility is a journey that is painful beyond words. All odds were against us. No answers. God was so absent; so silent. All doors were closed. We finally accepted that we would never become parents.
Our daughter came to us in a miraculous way. Her story is no less than amazing. To this day, I can never get over the wonder of it all and I sure hope I never will. The prayers of so many and the undeniable angels who walked with us through our experience, our daughter's delivery and hospital experience were absolutely incredible. We brought our daughter home 3 days after she was born, looked at each other (including our dog) and said, "Now what??" :)
I can't explain it, but we walked through that entire experience and the next 4 months with a peace that passed all understanding, Yet, there were many agonizing days as we anticipated and faced the unknown of her official adoption day. No words can express the emotion and relief as my husband and I individually took the stand, sobbing before the judge as he asked us to state our daughter's full name. It was beyond precious to hear ourselves say her full name...out loud...for the very first time. What an incredibly sweet sound it was! Then, the judge looked deep into our eyes and asked us this very poignant question, "Do you fully understand that from this point on, there is a no return policy?" "Yes, sir...we do." It was a moment I will never, ever forget. (Come to find out at the end, this judge also had adopted children.)
She was ours...forever. No return policies. We are blessed beyond measure. Thanking God over and over again seems so inadequate; He completed our family circle and fulfilled the longing of our hearts.
![]() |
| forever in our hands... |

No comments:
Post a Comment