![]() |
| Standing guard during Hurricane Sandy |
This morning I was reading in Isaiah. Chapter 7 verse 10 says, "If you don't stand firm in your faith, then you will not stand at all."
What does it mean to stand firm? In my mind, I picture the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the Arlington Cemetery, Va. These unbelievable men stand guard...no matter what the circumstance and during the worst of conditions. I've never even thought about that fact. In freezing cold, extreme heat and even hurricanes he is fully present. With pride, he stands tall and firm. He is unwavering; never thinking about looking to the right or to the left. His gaze is straight ahead. As a whole person, to the extreme, he is physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually fit. Night and day, 24/7, he is passionate, disciplined and true to his calling. Absolutely nothing rattles his core beliefs. No wrinkles, no whining...just pure joy in serving. What an incredible honor. There is absolutely no room for lukewarm; half-way is not even a remote consideration.
If I don't stand firm in my faith, then I might as well just stay right here...lounging in my anti-gravity chair. Exercising my faith takes constant discipline.

No comments:
Post a Comment