This morning, I was thinking and reflecting back over my life. So, please just bear with me. There is so much that I still don't understand. So many of my questions remain unanswered. Why did God choose to create the earth from water and by water? How did He know how much I love to drink cold water and how much I love the therapeutic value of being in and near water of every form (rain, snow, streams, rivers, lakes...and of course the sea)? :) Why does it sometimes take so long to receive answers? Why does it seem I may never have answers? Why does it seem to take forever plus 1 day to get to where we are? I am so impatient...looking for those answers and "aha!" moments.Well, here is my profound answer. I don't know why. How's that? Then, I began reading in 2 Peter 3: 8-9. Peter stresses one thing that he wants us to remember: "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you..." I am so thankful for God's patience and mercy. I am so glad His thinking is not limited by time. It is my thinking and my impatience that limits Him. He just smiles and says, "However long it takes..."
Bottom line? I want to know the Truth and for the Truth to set me free. Why do I need to know this? Well, I don't know why. What I do know is that I want and need to be set free...just like that butterfly out there right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment