8-24-13It is a beautiful, cool, sunny morning. The blue sky reminds me of autumn in Maine where I have spent many vacations. I am entering my absolute favorite season of fall. I can almost smell the burning campfires (I can make one wicked fire by the way), the taste of smores and spiced hot apple cider. Yet, the Northern winds and dancing trees tell me I am in for another necessary season of change. Oh, yikes. There is some definite fear but also some energetic anticipation.
In this amazing time, my favorite maple leaves change from brilliant reds, oranges, yellows...they turn brown and then die. I crunch the dried leaves under foot. So, completes another circle of life. It is the new growth that pushes out the dead. This season is essential in order to enter my second favorite season of winter's rest.
As I anticipate another chapter of painful, inner-personal work, there is definite mounting fear and anxiety. Facing, owning and uncovering the unknown hidden truths is scary. Lots of stuff needs to die for me to find the new growth. Yet, I am ready to embrace this time. I am ready to know the truth and for the Truth to set me free. I want to fully live. I plan to be patient in this anticipated time of suffering. But, I am ready. Bring it on!
"See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains? You too, be patient and stand firm..." James 5: 7-8
No comments:
Post a Comment