God's patience with me is beyond amazing. He quietly waits for me to lock eyes with Him. Thankfully, He doesn't judge me or chastise me to shame when I am not looking in His direction. It is just so hard to get off the roller-coaster of life and to maintain balance; it never stops. Often I say to myself, "Ok, I'm ready to get off now." Get up, go to work, come home, work-out, make dinner, help with homework, do the laundry, mow the lawn, vacuum the floors, clean the bathrooms...drop in bed. "Cinder-ell-a!!! Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly..."
Then, I remember, oh yeah, I need to give Jesus some of my time too. But, really? He has ALL of my time because I have given Him my life. I have to remember, He gets all this stuff called life. He's got my back. I put waay too much pressure on myself to be Superwoman. There's no way I can get it all done nor can I get it all right. I'm OK and He's OK with that. Phew.
I guess when I think about it, here's the same scene. I love playing with my daughter on the beach. If she happens to wander off a bit or gets too deep in the waves, I'm glued to her. I'm constantly looking in her direction. With all the crazies out there and my gripping fear of rip tides; she is never out of my sight. (When actually her 8 year old thighs are probably stronger than mine for battling the waves!) Or, if she is walking ahead of me in a crowd of people, my eyes are always on her. When she turns, our eyes meet. She knows I'm watching and she's not lost...I meet her right where she is.
So it goes... We are never out of God's sight; His eyes are our protection. He wants so much for us to keep our eyes on Him to avoid life's devastating consequences and to avoid being pounded by the waves. He longs for us to keep looking for him in a crowd until we fix eyes. I am ashamed to admit this: at times, I've even been so proud to think that perhaps God looks in my direction way more than he watches over the derelict on the streets...or the prostitute...or the gypsy...or the one who is mindfully absent...floating through life. That's so not so. He wants us to meet him at the "lost and found."
No comments:
Post a Comment