Saturday, February 1, 2014

Troubled Waters

Often, I have these reoccurring dreams.  Dreams truly fascinate me and it is rare that I remember them.  The mind is an amazing thing and often it seems to parallel the heart.

Well last night's dream was one of those that caused me to wake up in a sweat, out of breath and with a heart pounding out of my chest.  We've all had those kinds.  It took a bit for me to realize it was not reality.  But, was it?

I was driving in my car and there was a passenger with me.  The ocean edge was at my right (surprise, surprise).  The waters were extremely troubled and the waves were immense.  The sea was angry, crashing up over the ocean highway.  It was a scene of sheer terror.  At every juncture, I tried to turn around and go back the other direction.  The waters kept crashing up over the highway.  There was no where to turn.  It was total panic.

I somehow managed to round the nearest bend.  I saw an image on the other side.  Only this person was standing midst the troubled waters. There was absolutely nothing that I could do to help.  I had to continue on or I would soon drown and be swept out to sea.  In that moment, all I could do was pray.  I felt so helpless.  But, I was once again reminded that God can do so much more than I can EVER do.

So...I've learned to take my dreams very seriously.  I wake, I pray...and I pray some more until I find peace and finally drift back to sleep.  Whatever your circumstances, as I do many times, may you take great comfort in these words from Isaiah 43:2, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; You are Mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not overtake you.  When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze...Do not be afraid, for I am with you."

Maybe you can relate to this image of a loving Daddy tightly holding His child in troubled waters?  I hope this brings comfort.  He's got us in His arms; all we need to do is keep holding around His neck.
Looks like this Daddy needs a tan...ya think??   :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment