Well, it was 6 degrees this morning with a sub-zero wind chill. As much as I love winter and love the snow, I'm thinkin' I'm about due for a trip to Aruba or Jamaica or Bermuda or Bahamas or someplace along those lines. After all, don't you think I deserve it? I wear the hats of a wife, mom, health care professional, teacher, counselor, friend, Cinderella...on and on my list goes. I am just certain that very soon one of those radio stations will announce me as a winner to an all-inclusive island paradise. I feel it in my bones.
Anyway, I've whined enough; I'll switch gears. Last Sunday, my pastor posed this question to us: "In what ways are we bringing the light of Christ into our world?" This happened to parallel the topic that I have been thinking a lot about lately...that of Grace.
So, what is grace? The simplest definition I've learned is unmerited favor...an undeserved gift of love and forgiveness. This gift of grace releases the bondage of shame. Grace sets us free and brings us hope for second chances.
It is such a blessing for me to think that I have opportunities to usher the light of grace into my world. On a daily basis, numerous parents, staff members and students enter my office exposing the horrors of their life stories, failures, heartaches and feelings of hopelessness. It is so easy for me to offer the gift of grace for I too have failures, heartaches and at times feel hopeless. Because I fail and have received this gift of grace, I live here.
I am sure that my life stories don't begin to hold a candle to yours. But, I too long for and am in need of grace and second chances. Grace means I'm not going anywhere; I am committed to walk this messy road with you and I will love you through it. You don't have a chance of being alone. This is the Supernatural love of God that never gives up.
I often repeat this line to my daughter, "There's absolutely nothing that you could ever do or say that will make me stop loving you." That's it. And, it's free.
I'll be writing on this topic more. I have many thoughts and unanswered questions. Please hang tight...
No comments:
Post a Comment