I began thinking about yesterday morning. I was lying on my side on the bean bag chair...again snuggled under a blanket by the fire. My little extrovert daughter longed to be close. So, she snuggled up; lying next to me, this time back to back under the blanket. Out of the quiet I hear these priceless words, "I love you Mama" (she couldn't stand it any longer!). I smiled to myself, reached back, massaged her back and said, "I love you too, honey." I stopped massaging her for a moment and she said, "Keep doing that Mama." So, of course, I did.
Then, as we cuddled this morning, I was fully present. With my cheek against her forehead, I looked down. I saw her beautiful profile...the same profile that she had as a baby. I wish I could have captured what I saw in a camera shoot: her eyebrow, her eyelashes and eyelid, her button nose, her kissable lips, her dimpled chin...and of course her Lammie glued to her face. She's an absolute miracle; may I NEVER lose the wonder. I realized once again that I need to treasure these moments; time is slipping through my fingers like sand.
In that speechless moment, the chorus, "The power of Your love" entered my mind...it seemed so fitting. I began to quietly sing, "Hold me close, let Your love surround me, bring me near, draw me to Your side. And, as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle. And, I will soar with You, Your spirit leads me on...in the power of Your love." While I sang, she reached up and gently stroked my cheek. I totally melted.
Just as my daughter longs for me to hold her close and sometimes be glued to my side...so Jesus longs for this same relationship with us. The power of His love...like the power of the sea... leads me on.
![]() |
| "Hode-ju, Mama...Hode-ju" |

So precious. . .
ReplyDelete