As I trace back over 2013 in my mind, personally, this was one of my more difficult years. There were bright spots in the darkness, wake up calls, major turning points and evidence of healing. Sometimes, I was holding on for dear life. It was only God's love, strength and help paired with the prayers and support of those closest to me that brought me through the briers. It was a year I wish that I could push the ESC button for a "re-do", but I can't. I write this realizing I've somehow become stronger having come out on the other side. There is still much work and healing to come. It is a strange phenomenon.
So, as I look ahead and write out my personal goals, I must ask myself, "What really matters?" Bottom line? Relationships matter. When I keep the main thing the main thing, life has significance. Life has purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment