Monday, July 21, 2014

Be still...by the sea...

In case you were wondering, #2 on my bucket list is to have an entire week or two...totally alone by the sea.  I'd like a small, rustic, white shabby-chic, ocean-front cottage with a front porch and a white Adirondack chair, with a small wooden table and lamp, a chair, a bed,...my journal, my Bible, a pen and some ice water with a lemon or lime wedge.  My table needs to be facing the ocean with an open window...and sheer white curtains blowing from the sea air. No phones, no television, NO NOISE...except for the sound of crashing waves and happy seagulls.  I don't want to talk with anyone but Jesus.  Do you think this can be arranged?  I don't ask for much...really.

My soul is experiencing unrest lately; it is screaming for rest.  You may ask, "What is your deal?  You have an entire summer off!"  I ask myself the same exact question.  I have all the time in the world.  I wish I had a solid answer.  My soul is churning like the ocean.

Nothing in this life matters more than our souls. The wisdom of Proverbs 4:23 says, "Above all else guard your heart."  Have you ever thought about that?  Do you ever get off the ride and stop long enough to consider your soul?  I think about that all the time. When I attend viewings or funerals, I am always overcome with the fact that the person lying there is just a body.  Their spirit and soul is gone.  To me, that is always profound.

Why is it that I can't seem to maintain that inner peace and soul's rest?  God did help to meet some of my need and did still my soul through a wonderful friend last week.  We had one of those guttural, heart to heart conversations.  We always manage to get to the core of what really matters.  I was so thankful.  I'm so done with the small stuff.  "The most exhausting thing in life, I have discovered, is being insincere.  That is why so much of social life is exhausting, one is wearing a mask." ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"Be still and know that I am God."  Just be still...oh my soul.

Please watch this...and be still...by the sea.  I'll be there soon.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbNK50T35wY

No comments:

Post a Comment