Thursday, October 30, 2014

Let it go...

It's Halloween party time...oh, yay (can you hear the thrill in my voice?).  Just imagine it...600 students with sugar highs...whining and complaining to the school nurse that they have stomach aches.  Well, sorry for you....you should have thought about that before you ate all that junk food.  I don't have much compassion on days like this...not even a little bit.

Today, our school building is splattered with little Princess Elsas, Princess Annas and Olafs from the movie, "Frozen."  All morning, they've been serenading me outside my office door...singing the theme song, "Let it go."   I love it!   I think I love this movie even more than my daughter does. We've watched it at least 101 times.  So, as I smiled and watched these little princesses, I fully embraced the moment and listened with my whole heart.  Deep inside my soul, I'm a little girl again.

I absolutely love the fact that kids are so uninhibited.  They totally fascinate me because, you see, I was never that uninhibited child.  The key quote from "Frozen" pierces my being and says, "Conceal it, don't feel it, don't let them know."  To this day, I feel like this locked little girl.  I long to be free...to be me....to let it go.  It is amazing how much God is using this song to speak to me.  I'm anxious and ready for more healing.  God must escort me to that place.

If you have never indulged yourself and seen the movie "Frozen," please watch this video clip.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU.  The lyrics, music, visuals and vocals are incredibly powerful.  This will give you just a taste of what you are missing.

Let it Go-By Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like I'm the Queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in;
Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in,
don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel,
don't let them know
Well now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me,
I'm free!

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the storm rage on...

The cold never bothered me anyway!  (I really do love the cold and snow!...my words  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment