"Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life" John 4: 13, 14
Friday, October 24, 2014
Just "good"...is that it??
One of the hazards of working in a health office is being on the front lines of illness. I can almost feel the germs in the air sometimes. Hence, my t-cells didn't fight hard enough and I'm home today. Thanks kids! The positive side? Here in the quiet and free of distraction, my mind is whirling with creativity and inspiration. Why can't I just stay here??
I'm dreaming of the sea. It's sunrise and I'm imagining myself at the ocean's edge. Here I sit in an Adirondack chair, with one knee up and 1 foot in the sand. No one is around. I'm feeling and smelling the autumn ocean breeze on my face, I can hear the sound of the seagulls and I'm watching my sweet little Sand Pipers playing tag with the waves. Once again, I smile. I've got a cup of my favorite hot spiced tea, my Bible, my journal and a pen. I'm wearing my comfy sweats and a hoodie. Just maybe I'll see a school of dolphins (they know they're my favorites!) pass by as they feed at the shore. I look out over the vastness of the sea and I simply wait. One can't be in a rush by the sea.
Seriously, God. I am remembering the words of Moses in Genesis Chapter 1. On day #2 of Creation, You gathered the waters to one place and dry ground appeared. And, it happened! You called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters You called "seas." The oral interpretation was that You looked out and saw that it was good? Good grief, is that it?? Just good??!! I realize it is absolutely impossible to know Your exact thoughts...as no one was there but You. But, I question why the words weren't embellished just a tiny bit to maybe say..."Wow!!! This is absolutely incredible and totally breath-taking???!!!"
Can you tell I'm in serious need of some Vitamin-Sea??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment