Well, if you care to know, my 4 baby House Wrens left their home 3 days ago. They learned how to spread their wings and fly. It's kinda sad. It's funny how attached I became. I watched them grow and feed and heard their squawks grow louder and louder. Amazing how demanding even baby birds can be! I watched and laughed as the siblings constantly tried to squeeze their way to first place...pecking and poking to get their heads out that little hole. I'd think...wow, I need my space. Personally, if that were me, I'd certainly allow my siblings to eat those bugs and worms first. I'd be waiting for those fish tacos!!!
Anyway, I've been dreaming about walking alone at the beach. There's nothing that compares; I am sure no one loves the beach more than I do. It's my happy place; it's where I become absolutely centered. I hope to get there soon. Unfortunately, I can't be there every morning. So...I must visit in my mind.
I am always fascinated with the foot prints in the sand. Someone has always beat me down there; someone has always gone before me to prepare the way. Yet, there is no way to know where they were going or where they end. That's the mystery and joy of the beach. It's best not to have a destination...but to just be and wait.
And, it is comforting to know that I am not alone. I'm sure no one hears God's voice in the exact same way as I do. I easily stroll along with absolutely no agenda...questioning the meaning of this life, struggling with purpose and sometimes just praising God for His Presence when I can't think of anything pressing to say. To me, it's way more about listening and speaking. It is such an indescribable, private intimacy. But, one thing is so evident: I have never walked alone. I am comforted just in the knowing.
I'm reminded over and over again of this song. It speaks volumes to my soul. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=722zPX1npcA

No comments:
Post a Comment