Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Just a simple hug

There's a little girl who used to come to me daily for the last 2.5 years to get her lunch time medication.  I call her "my little ray of sunshine"...all kinds of energy and smiles (if you catch my drift.  :)  And, my office has no outside windows; I rarely see the sun during the day.  So, I've put an order into the school district multiple times for a sky light...because I desperately need Vitamin D and sunshine to help my brain to function better.  But, they don't seem to understand the urgency. Hmmmm. ha!).  Anyway, "Little Ray" stopped getting her daily medication about 1/2 through this school year.  Since then, she still comes down to my office every day to give me a big hug.  We have a special bond.

Well, today she came right after I dealt with yet another stressful situation.  She came and I said to her, "I really needed your hug today. Thank you so much."   Then, my eyes began to well up with tears...she deeply ministered to me in that moment and she had no idea.  I'll really miss her as she moves on to another building next year.

God sends me his comfort at just the right moments...yes...even through little girls.  He knows our every, deepest need.  I am so thankful.

It's just that simple today.  Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment