Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"I am not alone"

So much of the time, as I battle with chronic depression, my days are dark.  My skies are grey.  I'm tired.  My brain is cloudy.  I feel so lonely.  Yet, it's a vicious battle...I'm lonely but being around others is so exhausting.  I feel expected to be what I'm not.  People love to be around people who are energetic and positive all of the time.  I've seen it, I know.  I don't bear my soul for pity, I do because this is reality, this is life.  I'm tired of the masks.  So, please don't judge...for we all have our own monsters to fight.

Trust me, if I could change it, I would.  I want to see the sun.  I want to dance and spin unreservedly.  I want to be free.  I need to know I'm not alone.

I am not alone
By:  Kari Jobe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfveawSAHJA&nohtml5=False

When I walk through deep waters
I know that you will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome

Through the valley of the shadow
Oh I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see your light is breaking through
The dark night will not over take me
I am pressing into you
Lord you fight my every battle
And I will not fear

You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as your own

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm

Through these trials
You have always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul

Deep Waters, Maine 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment