Yesterday evening, Jesus escorted my father-in-law into Heaven. Little did we know, after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease, that this last stage would end so quickly. What a strong, amazing, consistent, and faithful man of God. He fought the good fight and we are certain God welcomed him home and with a huge smile said, "Well done...My good and faithful servant."
Just six hours earlier, we were blessed to be with him once more. I was purposeful to create some private moments ...as I sang to him, thanked him and talked with him. The conversation was one way, but I know he heard me. It was evident that his time was near. I have been reminiscing about so many positive memories over these last 29 years. I even read over some of the encouraging notes that he wrote to me that will forever remain in my Bible. But, no words can express how much my heart hurt as I watched my husband have to say good-bye to his dad and his best friend and watched my daughter say good-bye to her very special Pop-Pop.
There are just no words right now...it just really, really hurts. We were never meant to have to say good bye. But, we know this good-bye is not forever. My temporal mind can't begin to understand how brief this time on earth really is in comparison to eternity.
I love you, Pop. Because of you, I am blessed beyond measure. You have given your family an amazing legacy. I'll always see your smile, feel your strong hugs, remember your words of encouragement and wisdom, hear your laughter, cherish our family times and most of all...treasure our relationship. And, yes...I'll even miss you poking me in my right eye with your nose every time you kissed me...and then laughing hysterically. In my world of little noses, to this day, for the life of me....I still cannot figure out how that happened!!!
I miss you so much already. I cannot wait to see you again....but, I guess I'll have to.
No comments:
Post a Comment