There is so much in my mind that spins in confusion...almost like doing donuts in the snow (of course I was always the passenger). Sometimes, it seems as if I need to put it in reverse and learn to drive all over again. Many times, I can't tell you the way unless I myself have driven there. As a passenger, I look out the window, I daydream, I think, I relax, I escape to La-La land. I'm passive. I allow you to take me there; I have faith that you will get me there.
Now I'm asking, like Jesus' disciples, "How do I just know the way?" Jesus' simple answer is this, "I am the way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6. Yup, I've heard this truth my entire life. But, what exactly does it mean? Sometimes, it seems I am just a wave in the sea...blown and tossed by the wind. Maybe you never struggle and maybe your waters are always calm. I must be honest...my waters aren't always calm.
Sing this song perhaps differently than you ever have before. Sing the truth to Jesus. He certainly welcomes our questions, doubts and fears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX1o6DiogDM.
"Show Me The Way"~Styx
Every night I say a prayer in the hope that
there's a heaven
And every day I'm more confused as the saints turn into sinners
All the heroes and legends I knew as a child have fallen to idols of clay
And I feel this empty place inside so afraid that I've lost my faith
Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Show me the way
And as I slowly drift to sleep, for a moment dreams are sacred
I close my eyes and know there's peace in a world so filled with hatred
That I wake up each morning and turn on the news to find we've so far to go
And I keep on hoping for a sign, so afraid that I just won't know
Show me the way, Show me the way
Take me tonight to the mountain
And wash my confusion away
And if I feel light, should I believe
Tell me how will I know
Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Show me the way, show me the way
Give me the strength and the courage
To believe that I'll get there someday
Show me the way
Every night I say a prayer
In the hope that there's a heaven...
And every day I'm more confused as the saints turn into sinners
All the heroes and legends I knew as a child have fallen to idols of clay
And I feel this empty place inside so afraid that I've lost my faith
Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Show me the way
And as I slowly drift to sleep, for a moment dreams are sacred
I close my eyes and know there's peace in a world so filled with hatred
That I wake up each morning and turn on the news to find we've so far to go
And I keep on hoping for a sign, so afraid that I just won't know
Show me the way, Show me the way
Take me tonight to the mountain
And wash my confusion away
And if I feel light, should I believe
Tell me how will I know
Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Show me the way, show me the way
Give me the strength and the courage
To believe that I'll get there someday
Show me the way
Every night I say a prayer
In the hope that there's a heaven...

No comments:
Post a Comment