"As you pause in wonder at the voice of each drifting snowflake, may you hear the whisper of Jesus this Christmas and always." ~KLG
I wrote that quote a few years ago. My prayer during the Christmas season is, "Father, please help me to see something new this year, help me to understand the deeper meaning of what Christmas is all about. Yeah, I get the story in my head. I just always have the sense that there is something more...something way deeper...what do I need to learn?
Besides my Christmas prayer, my daily prayer and acronym is this: "God, Expand Your territory, Open the eyes of my heart, Uncover Your glory in every circumstance or E.O.U." Some days I do forget, but often God answers my prayers in very unexpected ways.
When God breaks me and places people in my heart and on my mind, I've learned I better listen up. I pay attention for there is no doubt a reason. Those who know me best say, "You are so compassionate" or "You feel things so deeply." Yes, it's true; it's how I'm hard wired. I've stopped try to make it go away. So, my heart tends to hurt for others a LOT.
My heart deeply hurts for a certain family in my path: a widow, homeless, 2 young boys..and most likely no Christmas. God perfectly orchestrated a team of 3 awesome Christian women who also share my broken heart for this family. Together, we were able to bless this family for Christmas this year. There are no words to describe this mom's smile of thanks...she was speechless. God once again uncovered His glory and I heard that whisper of Jesus; He was fully present. It is in giving that I receive.
I'll never understand why certain paths cross when they do, but this made my Christmas. This is my deeper meaning. When I tell God, "I'm all in!", I never know the outcome. Sometimes, the end result breaks my heart even more. But, the end result is worth every heartache and every prayer that I breathe.
So, as we pause, may we never miss the wonder. Just listen all around you.
p.s. and don't forget to build those snowman castles in the sand...

No comments:
Post a Comment