Tuesday, October 4, 2016

It's those sacred moments...

Do you ever have these moments.  A few days ago, I had one.

As a school nurse, in the midst of any given day, chaos can replace the order, flow and peace.  Things can go down anytime.  I'm always geared up and preparing my mind for any possible worst scenario.  I have to be on top of my game.  It's the nature of what I do.  Where kids are, there can be chaos.

In a moment of calm, as she often does, one of my awesome Christian co-workers came in for a brief chat.  She always brings joy and laughter.  We love to exchange our love for Christian contemporary music and their meaningful lyrics.  She mentioned the song, "The River," by Meredith Andrews.  I hadn't heard that one of hers before.  She knows how much I love the ocean and water.  She asked if we could listen to it together...right then.  So, we did.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCkyCEgSG5Q

 Everyone is broken and in need of a Savior
So He came and was broken for the mocker,
For the shamed
Still our eyes are blinded by the culture,
By the lies
We can't see that we're filthy, we're fallen
and so dry...

But He invites us
Can you hear Him say
He invites us
Hear Him call your name

Welcome to the river
Come drink come away and find your very life
Welcome to the river of God
where your brokenness is washed away

Everywhere is the sorrow
And the pain of empty living
You can see it, look in their eyes
All the hopelessness of the world
But look closer He is right there
In the midst of every fear

Living water is the offer
Restoration is the call
And He invites us
Can you hear Him say
He invites us
Hear Him call your name

Welcome to the river
Come drink...

Yes, we did.  Right there...in a public school setting, in my health office, at my computer.  Right then...we listened and we shed some sweet tears.  Jesus was fully present.  We exchanged our thoughts about the song's meaning.  I affirmed the obvious growth and healing in her life.  It truly was an unmistakable sacred moment.  No one can ever steal those times.

It's those sacred moments which once again remind me that I am never alone.  We are here to encourage one another along this path called life.

I am one blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment