So, I took my 10 year old daughter with me and was all concerned that she'd be bored senseless for that hour. I kept glancing over and checking on her. Then, I realized I should have known better...she was over there having the time of her life...having conversations with all the women in the waiting area! My daughter is one of those who knows no strangers and can light up a room (she and I don't share one~single~gene!). They were all laughing and sharing pictures and talking up a storm! My heart then smiled as I watched from afar.
So then, one of the ladies, "Mrs. Kim," was seated next to me and said, "Your daughter is an absolute gem!! She even picked out our nail colors and actually has really good taste! She asked us to email her a picture of our nails once they are done. Would you mind?" So, I said, "Of course not!"...and shared my email address. We continued to laugh about some of their conversations. She even asked my daughter to bring back a lobster roll for her when we return from Maine in a few weeks! Immediately, I sensed the spirit of Jesus in this woman and her daughter. Otherwise, as I looked around the room, there was obvious emptiness and darkness written all over so many of the ladies' countenances.
Sure enough, when I returned home there was an email from "Mrs. Kim" and a photo of her and her daughter's hands...and a sweet note written to my daughter. Her email address is "blessedone...". So, I knew it!!! I proceeded to write back and ask if they know Jesus. As I expected, that "instant connection" is Jesus in our lives. There is no question...we are sisters in Christ...in God's big family.
I never cease to be amazed by the people God sends across my path. When I remain "tuned in," I listen and embrace the moments. If I'm "checked out," I can so easily miss God's blessings.
God continues to weave his plans and purposes...and it was just a simple pedicure. Perhaps to you this may seem silly...but to me...encounters matter...this is real life. My heart has been smiling all week.
| My "happy feet" |
No comments:
Post a Comment