Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Burgers in the snow

I woke today to see the most beautiful snow.  It's a wet snow...the kind that sticks to the evergreens.  It is so peaceful.  And, here in the silence by my fireplace, my mind is freed to think.  I'm lovin' these two hour delays.

Yesterday was my daughter's "Gotcha-Day"...the day her adoption was finalized 10 years ago.  I will never forget that moment when the judge asked me to verbally claim my daughter's official full name.  As I sobbed in relief and joy and then attempted to say her name, I realized she was ours...forever. There was a no return policy.  We became a forever family.  After many years of anguishing infertility, to this day her miracle story takes my breath away.  Mere words cannot begin to express my thanks to God for hearing and answering our prayers...prayers that seemed unheard.

Anyway, last night, I asked my daughter what dinner she would like me to make for her special day.  She answered, "Hamburgers on the grill!"  Go figure.  Except there was only one problem...it was snowing like crazy!  So...yes...guess what happened??  Bingo.  This mama ended up grilling burgers in the falling snow.  I must say THAT was a first...yet, so much fun!!!  In that beautiful scene, I fully embraced the moment; my heart smiled.

When we love our kids, there's really not much we wouldn't do for them, is there?  It's the simple things that they will remember.  (And, you better believe I made it very clear to my daughter...the sacrifice that her Mom made...grilling burgers in the snow.)  :)
Grilling burgers in the snow 2-9-16

No comments:

Post a Comment